Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yesterday, two of my host siblings accompanied me to the store to buy a few things. I thanked them for the company by buying them each a bottle of nail polish and tomorrow their mom promised we could watch a movie, paint nails, and have pizza for dinner. Being the youngest of two, and the youngest cousin of six girls, it’s nice to be a big sister for once, I’m enjoying it thoroughly!

…So that is what I have been up to for the past six weeks!!

If you’ve been following the weather lately, you know that we have been getting very heavy rains here in Central America! Hurricane Irwin hit a few days ago, followed by Jova- which is causing severe damage to Mexico. Because of this, school has been cancelled for the remainder of the week, so I have not been volunteering in the afternoons, but organizing my room, spending time with my family, and getting to know the individuals at San Marcos’ lunch program. We have also experienced several earthquakes- the damage mostly affecting the southeastern part of the country. I ask for your prayers, as this weather has caused severe flooding and landslides in several cities, leaving many people homeless and, some, without family members.

As always, I want to thank you for your support and prayers as I get settled here in Guatemala and pursue the calling that God placed on my heart long ago. I hope to learn much from the people here about life, love, family, and faith as I embrace this experience. Dios Se Bendiste, until we meet again!

Love, Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment